Vertical retirement living on the up
Vertical retirement villages are on the rise, and it’s easy to see why.
Offering luxury independent living, the multi-level villages are popping up in prime locations as a growing number of retirees seek low maintenance living close to all the action.
The Rise at Wood Glen is the first luxury vertical retirement village on the New South Wales Central Coast and caters for modern downsizers seeking an exceptional lifestyle.
Why vertical retirement villages are on the up
Vertical retirement villages are modern facilities that feature multi-storey buildings. Some are high rises, but many aren’t including The Rise which spans five levels.
Typically, retirement villages have been constructed as single-storey buildings across large sites on the fringes of cities and towns. Vertical villages are built up rather than out, so they require less land which means they can be built in sought-after locations near cities and the coast.
Vertical retirement villages suit retirees who want to live in a convenient location while still enjoying a sense of community and security.
On the Central Coast that means being close to the region’s beautiful beaches, picturesque nature reserves, important amenities such as pharmacies and the Gosford Hospital, as well as vibrant shopping and restaurant hubs.
Just over an hour’s drive from Sydney, The Rise is an appealing option for retirees who want to enjoy a premium lifestyle on the coast while still being near an international city. Located in the heart of Erina, The Rise is just a stone’s throw away from sparkling sands, crystal waters, nature reserves, and the Coast’s largest shopping centre, Erina Fair.
Built within the well-established Wood Glen Retirement Village, The Rise offers residents a safe community with access to exceptional amenities, medical facilities, award-winning gardens and a vibrant social calendar.
Benefits of living at The Rise
- Privacy: Tucked away amongst lush greenery, The Rise provides residents with a great sense of privacy. Each apartment is built with privacy in mind and there are a variety of floor plans to suit singles and couples.
- Luxury: The Rise offers a high level of luxury, with contemporary apartments that feature high quality finishes and expansive balconies boasting mesmerising valley views. Each residence has floor-to-floor ceiling glass to maximise natural light, a generous kitchen, European appliances, ample storage and high-end finishes.
- Location and Outlook: Set amongst the foliage at the base of the Kincumba Mountain, The Rise is quiet yet close to everything that you need. It is situated just minutes from beaches and is a seven-minute walk to Erina Fair Shopping Centre, which has great shopping, restaurants, café and medical facilities. The Rise’s location within the Wood Glen retirement Village gives residents access to five-star resort style facilities including a bar, hair salon, pool, spa, library, and bowling green.
- Safety and security: Vertical villages offer great security as there are fewer entrance points than traditional sprawling retirement villages. The Rise offers a great lifestyle in a secure neighbourhood where everyone looks out for each other.
- Connectivity: Everyone is made to feel right at home in a safe and supportive community. Being located within the Wood Glen Retirement Village means residents can enjoy resort style facilities and a busy social calendar while being surrounded by people they have common interests with. There is even a shared village bus that does regular trips to Erina Fair, Fountain Plaza, The Leagues Club and Gosford.
- Care when you need it: As we age, it’s important to have the right level of support to maintain independence and quality of life. The Rise apartments have been designed with convenience in mind and are serviced by a dedicated team who take care of gardening and maintenance. Residents also have peace of mind in knowing that if they need extra care down the track that there is a private aged care facility next door and several other operators located nearby.
- On-site support: Residents of The Rise have access to RetireAustralia’s Home Care services. The reliable and experienced team offers help with household chores, meal preparation, showering, dressing and medication support to name a few. Care is tailored to exactly what you need, when you need it and funded either privately or via access to an approved government funded Home Care Package (HCP).
Are you a downsizer looking for a lifestyle without compromise? Enquire now about The Rise. Stage 2 of the premier development is coming soon and is expected to sell out fast.
Call our friendly team on 1800 955 070